Do you like to receive cheques? I sure do! It means money is coming into my bank account.
But, how to bank in cheque?
I always forget what to write on the reverse side of the cheque every time I want to drop cheque.
With this article on hand, it will be easy to bank-in cheque to your bank account quickly.
Check the Bank Cheque Issued
First thing first: Check the following details are filled in correctly:
- Double cross at the top left-hand corner of the cheque (means: cheque not meant to be encashed)
- Cross out the word “BEARER” (means: it’s meant for an intended party stated on the “Pay” line)
- Your full name as per bank record on the “Pay” line
- “Date” boxes are filled up (cannot be a future date)
- The amount in words and figures tally
- “Signature line” is signed
- Any amendments are counter-signed
Information Needed For Cheque Deposit
Provide your bank details on the back of the cheque:
- Your Full name as per Bank’s records
- Bank account number
- Contact number
How To Deposit Cheque
After you have checked the cheque details and filled in your own bank details,
- Drop cheque at the Quick Cheque Deposit Box (QCD). These collection boxes are available at the banks’ branches in Singapore.
- POSB/DBS also have Quick Cheque Deposit Machine (QCM) for their customers
Also read: How long for bank cheque clearance